Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Years Resolutions, Lists and New Plans

On December 30th I tried to start a new resolution, I followed it well for a day and on the 31st thought of some better ideas. They began SMART and then just very general. I read articles and weighed the options I had about what it is that I most need to be working on.

The problem is just this, in an attempt to be continuously doing this for myself, making plans and seeing them through, I try many different ways of approaching it. Resolutions begin for me if it's the beginning of the week, at the three month mark or the sixth, post reaction to a closing of something, or just a daily markering on scrap paper that I might need to try to shower..

A resolution hasn't been forthcoming. I can't seem to decide what should be my initial resolve. Isn't that what we all experience? We have ideas of what it takes be to the ideal person that we are striving to be. Is the most important step to decide what that is before we begin? To have some specific tangible objectives?

That questions seems to be what holds me back. Where do I begin? Well a start is always the best idea. So, I'd like to resolve to more frequent blogs that may not necessarily have any clear decisions. These types instead of the more warm and fuzzy style of a build up of a peace corps achievement or the struggles and the solutions. Maybe also blogs may not always be clear in understanding or purpose, but offer me an opportunity for some writing and experience. Kaq

No comments:

Post a Comment